The purpose of ADRA Malawi is to “Serve humanity so all may live as God intended”
ADRA is a professional, learning, and efficient network that embodies integrity and transparency. ADRA reaches across boundaries, empowering and speaking out for the at-risk and forgotten to achieve measurable, documented, and durable changes in lives and society.
The values of ADRA are captured in three key words; Connected, Courageous and Compassionate. These are expounded as follows.
Being connected means:
- Living the vision and mission of ADRA.
- Having clear expectations of each other: mutual accountability
- Transparency through open communication and understanding of our operations.
- Spiritually engaged and aware.
Being courageous is signified by:
- Acting with agility; in trusting relationships that allow for delegated decisions on behalf of all.
- Boldly leading innovative change in a disrupted world.
- Protecting and advocating for the rights of our beneficiaries, partners, and employees.
Compassion is displayed through:
- Solidarity with the people and communities we serve through our vision, mission, and identity.
- Being ‘alongside’ our employees,
- Genuinely caring for each other.
ADRA works with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change through empowering partnerships and responsible actions.